Thursday 26 November 2015

Research and Planning COSTUME AND PROP RESEARCH


For males:



This is the outfits my male model will be wearing on my music magazine. I have decided to have them wearing all denim as I think its very relevant, as its coming back into fashion, and also very simple. This is a good quality for the clothing for males to have as it keeps it cool but still has a slight edge to it.

I chose his denim jacket for not only the style but the colour too. As my male model has dark brown hair its good to keep the clothing dark too. The jacket I selected (to the left) is a very dark denim all over, there is no hint of a light colour as I feel light denim may wash him out a little. I also decided on this jacket as I think the style of it is quite trendy and has a bit of edge to it. As you can see on the picture this jacket has a thick collar, and as said in my pose research post, I wanted my model to be holding his collar up on at least one of the pictures. By having my model wearing this jacket, it enables him to do that.

I have also selected a plain white T-shirt for my male model to wear. I chose this item as I feel its very simple and will also keep all attention on the face/pose. I wanted my male model to be in simple clothes as that's how most male pop stars are dressed, linking to the artists of my genre. The plain white also keeps a lot of attention on the dark blue colour of the denim which will catch more eyes.

Finally for the clothing of my male model in my music magazine, I have chosen dark denim jeans. In the image to the right, it shows fairly baggy jeans, but I will not be having them dress in just baggy, I will be using skinny as well. For the jeans I chose a similar colour denim to the jacket as I feel its important to have coordination in clothing, especially on magazines. Its all to do with where the eyes of the public are automatically drawn. I also would like gold buttons on the denim as I think it represents wealth, which pop stars usually are and looks polished.
For the shoes, for the male model, I will have them wearing either traditional black pumps or brown Chelsea boots. I have chosen the black pumps as an option as I feel they are keeping in the simple look, that is running throughout all of my male models chosen clothing. Also, by having pumps as a footwear option, it stops a colour restrcition, as pumps come in all different colours not just black, so they can therefore be used to add a splash of colour to a plain look, if were to use a bright coloured pump.




I also chose Chelsea boots as an option for the male footwear as I feel they are very simple but effective at the same time. this is because they are usually just a plain colour, but do usually have a little bit of a funky pattern on that makes them stand out. When deciding on this item of footwear I took inspriartion from a popstar, Harry Styles. He is constantly seen wearing them in his own time and also in performances. This shows it is a popular and current piece of footwear for males seen as though people from my music mag genre are spotted wearing them.



For females:

This is the outfits my female model will be wearing on my music magazine. I have decided to have them wearing simple pink jumpers as I think its very girly, as are quite in fashion at the moment, and also represent females on a whole very well. This is a good portrayal for the clothing the females will be wearing, as it keeps it stereotypical but still has a slight uniqueness to it.
For the females first item I have chosen a baby pink, fluffy jumper as I feel this reflects a stereotypical pop girl perfectly. It is simple and plain but still very effective at the same time. It reflects girliness and gives off positive 
vibes, as its a bright colour and not a dark, dull colour, that is often used 
to portray sadness and moodiness.
 
For the next item of femles clothing I choose a similar top look to the first one,another pink jumper, as yet again it is in fashion. Although this one is a little different to the first, as it has short sleeves and is a much brighter pink. As it's brighter it represents even more of my genres stereotypical colours.

 



No comments:

Post a Comment